NOONA CH. 6





~ PREP TIME ~

We arrived home and gathered up all of the bags taking them inside the house. Like always our parents were not home due to a business trip. We brought all of the things into the kitchen and pulled them out laying them all in the kitchen.
Chansung looked at the stuff and then looked at me. "What are you going to do with all of this?"
I turn around and pull out all of the pots and pans that I needed to place them on the stove. I turn the stove on warming up the pots and pans.
"Grab an onion and a knife and try not to cut yourself," I told him.
"Why am I helping you? Didn't you buy all of this?"
'God, please pray for my brother's soul that he is about to lose and ten seconds.'
"Either you grab a knife and start cutting the onions or I will use a knife to cut you," I suggest.
He turns around rolling his eyes grabbing a knife. I lifted an eyebrow up at him. I think this fool, just cursed at me.
I grab an onion that he didn't take to cut on the cutting board and throw it at him. It hits him on the back of the head and he yells out again at me in Korean.
"Stop cussing at me in your native languages," I yell.
He turns to me and says the same thing to me again. "Keep on, it will be a hot pot of water next time," I warn.
He turns and looks at me once more and speaks the same word again.
I throw an empty pot at him. He laughs ducking from the pot and continuing to chop up the onions. I grab the greens that I had and head over to the sink and start peeling them away from the stems.
I start fill one of the sinks with warm water adding the loose greens to soak. I noticed that he was sniffing as he cut up the onions. He was rubbing his eyes constantly as tears ran down his eyes. "Come here, big baby."
Chansung turns to me and I use a paper towel that I wet to wipe his eyes. "How's that?"
He blinks a couple of times but the tears still fall. "Hold on," I told him.
I leave him and head upstairs to my bedroom coming back with something in my hands. "What...what are you, Noona," he yelled back basically couldn't fight back.
I had placed my goggles that I used to wear when we use to go swimming over his eyes.
"Better?"
I placed my back of my hands on my waist staring at him. He looked at me and all I could do is laugh.
"Aish." Was the only thing he could say without getting hit by me before turning back to cut up the rest of the onions. I walked back over to the greens and continued pulling them away from the stems.
Once I was done, I went back over grabbing one of the pots and adding water to it. Once I was done, I placed it on the stove as I sprinkled some salt on it.
Chansung placed the knife that he was using down and went over to the sink. He grabbed the soap and started to wash his hands. I turned around just to see him, washing his hands over the greens.
"Chansung!"
I rushed over pushing him away.
"What, what did I do?"
"Shit, shit, you added soap to the greens."
He pulled up the goggles that he was wearing over his head and looked at what I was talking about. "How was I supposed to know that?" He argues.
"There was another sink that you could have used to wash your hands. Plus you could have gone to the laundry room to wash them there as well."
He sucks his teeth throwing down the goggles and walking away.
I turned the water on and start to raise off the soap when I see him leave. "Where are you going?!"
"Away from you, that's where."
He turns and heads up the steps, slamming his door behind him.
I roll my eyes. "If I were to slam my door, I would be grounded for it."
I turned my head around and continued to raise the greens until all of the soap was gone. I washed them a couple more times just to be sure. Finally, the suds were gone from the greens.
I lifted them up allowing the excess water to drain before placing into the pot. I also started up water for the elbows. I once I felt everything was cooking, I started to clean up the mess in the kitchen.
The kitchen was finally cleaned and all the food was cooking. I sat on the stool in the kitchen and read a magazine that I had. Just then heavy feet come down the steps and head towards me.
I followed it until it stops in front of me and I moved my eyes up.
"What?"
"I'm sorry."
"For?"
"The green stuff that you were cleaning."
"Oh."
I moved my head back down to the magazine and continued reading it.
I could still feel eyes staring up at me.
"What?"
"What are you fixing?"
"Food."
"What kind of food?"
"Real food."
Now the body was next to me and leaning over me. "Chansung move your heavy body off of me!"
I try to wiggle out from underneath him but he pressed his weight on top of me.
"What kind of food is it, Noona?"
I smirk. So he was going to use his weight to force me to answer him.
Unfortunately, it was working, I couldn't breathe.
"Fine, fine, it's called Southern Style Comfort Food, now get off of me."
I used ever bit of strength to pull him off of me but all I had to do is wait and he just lifted his chest. "Now was that so hard to tell me?"
Breathing hard, I glared at him. "It was supposed to be a surprise but you kept asking."
He frowns at me. "A surprise?"
"Yes, a surprise. You were feeling down and when I was younger my grandma used to fix this for me when I was depressed. I remember what she used to fix for me and so "SURPRISE."
I waved my hands in the air before placing them back on the counter.
Just then two large arms came flying over to me and wrapped around my body. I jumped up as he held me tighter and tighter. 'Damn, what does this child eat?'
"Chansung.....I....can't....breathe..." I barely could say all at once.
He finally let go of me. "Sorry, Noona."
I nodded and turned back reading my magazine. Then once again, I felt eyes on me. I turn to see myself looking back at Chansung.
"What?"
He leans over and pecks me on the cheek before walking away.
~~~

https://www.wattpad.com/memorizedsightings


ONLY CREDIT THE WRITING, EVERYTHING ELSE IS GIVEN CREDIT TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER


(c) memorizedsightings

πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’™

Comments

Popular Posts