ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴇɴᴅ | cнapтer one

Elise POV
It was a little bit after 4:30 PM and I just got done with all of my classes for the day. I was tired and honestly didn't feel like going to work in the next hour. I could call out from work but that was never me. So I literally the best thing for me to do is change out of my day clothes and into my work clothes.
I insert my key into my lock of my door to allow me access to head inside to do what I needed to do before leaving for work. Once I did I start to hear piano music playing in the background. I let out a loud groan as I close the door behind me, tossing my keys to the side in a small dish right by the door. Next, I heard the music stop playing and he glances up from the piano.
"Shouldn't you be gone by now?" I asked annoyingly. I was now walking over to the kitchen to get some juice out of the fridge. The figure plops themselves onto my stool and placing their hands under their chin. He pouts a little as he stares at me while I turn around placing the carton of juice on the counter.
"Then I wouldn't be able to entertain you," he cheeky smiles at me changing his expression from the once pouty to happy go lucky. I roll my eyes and turn around to grab a glass. I open the cabinet but realizes that the glasses were a little bit too far away from me to reach them. "Let me help you," he offers.
He hops off the stool and heads over to assist me with getting the glass but he has one problem. He can't touch anything. So the lovely glass stays station on the top shelf out of both of our grasp.
If you haven't figured it out my unwanted guest is a ghost and I can see him. But there's one thing that haunts me, how can he play the piano?
He looked at me with a disappointed expression on his face. I know that he wants to help me with a lot of things but he can't. "It's alright, Hakyeon, I'll get a step stool."
I headed over to the corner of the kitchen to where the step stool was located. I moved it over and step up to grab the glass that I usually use to drink out of.
As I stepped down, I feel a slight pinch on the corner of my head that caused me to grab the side of my head and I drop the glass that I was holding.
Hakyeon watched the scene with a concerned look on his face seeing me drop to my knees because of the unbearable agony I was in. He leans over the counter to ask me a question. "Are you okay?"
For a moment, the intense pain coming from my head is something I couldn't describe but slowly the pain started to disappear.
Soon I open my eyes and look up towards him with a resulting smile. "I think so, probably moved too fast, " I answered.
He let an out sigh of relief but then our eyes glance down at the shattered glass on the floor. Now I have a mess that I will have to clean up before work.
I sighed out as I'm now heading over to the pantry to retrieve both the broom and dustpan to sweep up the broken glass. I heard Hakyeon sigh out as he sat back down on the stool, prompting his hands back under his chin watching me clean.
Momentarily,  I had finished up sweeping up the glass and tossing the pieces in the trash. I then switch my attention over to him as he was still smiling waiting for me. "So since you're not going to go away, what did you do all day?" I ask him.
"Well, I waited for you to come home...," and that's how our day starts with me asking him about his day and him responding to that same thing of him waiting for me to return home.
He enjoys chatting about everything and anything but when I ask him about how he died, he frowns at me. He makes up every excuse in the book to disappear and I know it all a lie.
He would leave for days and like today come back all happy and bubbly.
And the previous conversation we had days ago was never brought up again until I mention it. I wish that he would trust me to tell me that but a last I must room with a ghost who does everything to get on my nerves.
━━━━━━❃❃━━━━━━



━━━━━━❃❃━━━━━━       

Comments

Popular Posts