sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ | ғɪʀsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

It poured heavily that day when I held the umbrella over my head as the minister tried to say comforting words as I watched two caskets begin to be lowered down into seven-foot pre-dig out graves.
I had already cried enough when I heard the tragic announcement broadcast by my mentor and then seeing it on the television of what had happened to my parents.
In less than a second after they bid me their goodbye, hopping onto the same private jet that would take them across the same familiar ocean to the same country they visit my relatives, my parents were gone from living in a split.
I was heartbroken, lost for words as their caskets continued to be lowered.
No emotions could describe how much it felt to lose the two most important people in my life.
Gone in a snap of my fingers. My everything as my lips trembled, trying to hold back more tears that wanted to fall from my eyes.
I shut my eyes, hoping to stop them but my tears force themselves out, one trailing down my cheeks as it fell down, continuing with the rain that fell from the sky.
I lifted my hand, taking a finger to wipe away others that tried to push themselves out.
I needed to be strong. So the camera from the media that I wasn't weak that I could push through this, even in the most tragic moment.
But I knew, for a fact, that the media will twist things around.
They were already telling the world that my family didn't care about anything else other than themselves.
And, that was a lie.
My parents always give back twice as much as we earned.
We started off with nothing, growing until were now.
Soon, both caskets were out of my sight and I placed a final white rose on top of each one before a familiar palm press on my shoulder.
I twisted my waist to see my uncle, Julius who wasn't actually my maternal or paternal uncle but someone who grew up with my parents, helping them grow the business that it is today.
"Let's go, Ethan, " he said.
I nodded with a sniff as I turned the rest of my body, feeling drops of rain hit my dark trenchcoat.
I followed him, then soon getting into the awaiting limo that I assumed would take us back to my childhood home.
However, I was wrong.
With a tap on my shoulder since from the time I got into the vehicle and open my eyes seeing that I was now at Lees' Enterprise.
"Why are we here?" I asked with a confused look on my face.
The car door open with the assistance of our driver, Uncle Julius got out and turn to me, waiting for me to follow as well.
"The board wishes to speak to you, Ethan, " he answered.
My expression wondered why what was so important that my parents weren't even thirty minutes in the ground that instead of allowing me to mourn the loss of my parents they want me here.
Julius shrugged his shoulders, assuming he didn't know as well even though he was apart of the board also.
I got out, followed him as I entered the building then soon, arriving at the board meeting room.
Seeing my father's assistant paying her respect before opening the door and us entering see all the members waiting.
Waiting to express unexpected news to me and I didn't have any other choice but to oblige.





Waiting to express unexpected news to me and I didn't have any other choice but to oblige       

Comments

Popular Posts